commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sklyut <Dmitry_Skl...@orcom.com>
Subject RE: JXPath: XMl traversal
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:48:27 GMT

Try to set the context into lenient mode:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/apidocs/org/apache/commons/jxpath/J
XPathContext.html#setLenient(boolean)

JXPathContext ctxt = JXPathContext.newContext(root);
ctxt.setLenient(true);

Dmitry

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath [mailto:vranganath@cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 3:33 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: JXPath: XMl traversal

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath wrote:
> Dmitri Plotnikov wrote:
>
>> Venkatesh,
>>
>> Try passing to the JXPathContext the document itself, rather than its
>> root
>> element.  I believe JXPath is trying to find a child of the root element
>> called "CONFIGURATION", but of course fails to find one.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>

> Nope.  I tried passing the document.  I also tried giving the root
> element and "//PROCESSOR" as the xpath expression.  Both had no result
> as in the previous case.  Any clues?

Well, sorry for the mispost.  There was a class version issue and things are
resolved now.  However,

context.getValue("INTERVAL_TIMEOUT") != null
throws an exception rather than returning null as there may be no element
with tag name "INTERVAL_TIMEOUT".  I have tried
getPointer() with the same effect.  Any clues why this might occur?  It is
my understanding that one can test for optional
elements by providing an xpath expression and if that evaluates to null then
one can conclude that the element does not
exists.  Is this correct?  If not, how should one test for existence of
optional elements?

waiting for reply,

>> - Dmitri Plotnikov

>>> i.hasNext();) {