commons-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: [VFS] "Could not list the contents of..."
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:49:50 GMT
I'd like such a feature too ;-) Granted, it wouldn't work all the time, and
might require different parsing code for different Web Servers (supporting
Apache, IIS, Tomcat, Jetty, and maybe others), but it would be very useful.
Could be disabled by default, and only enabled if explicitly requested, with
clearly documented caveats. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernard Johnson [mailto:bjohnson+dated+1048062375.037e16@symetrix.com]

Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 12:51 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [VFS] "Could not list the contents of..."

Is there any reason that you couldn't parse the html returned by the web
server and build a directory entry (from the anchors)?  If this could be
done, it would be a nice feature for those (ie. me) who don't want to
install a webdav server :)  If you're simply trying to navigate a read-only
resource, there is no reason for webdav.

Thanks for the ftp fix!