commons-user mailing list archives

From "nathan phillips" <natha...@hotmail.com>
Subject A little Jelly help please
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:01:14 GMT
Hello Jelly users,

I'm hoping someone would be so kind as to answer a few questions I have in
regards to Jelly.  I'm using commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3.

1)  In the example below I'm having trouble getting the formatDate tag to
work.  When my script runs the ${date} value gets set but the tag does not
get executed.

2)  Compound AND conditions give me parsing errors although OR conditions
don't cause me any problem.  For example, I can't get the commented
condition below to execute, anything with ampersands gives parsing errors.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<j:jelly trim="false" xmlns:j="jelly:core" xmlns:fmt="jelly:fmt"
xmlns:x="jelly:xml" xmlns:html="jelly:html">

    <!-- testObject.value != null && testObject.value == 'Hello'-->
    <j:if test="${testObject.value == 'Hello'}">
        Test 1
    </j:if>

    <fmt:formatDate value="${date}" pattern="MM/dd/yyyy" />

    <j:forEach items="${hobbies}" var="i">
        ${i}
    </j:forEach>

</j:jelly>

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I would really like to use Jelly
in my project.  Thanks for the great work on this project everyone and any
help you may be able to give me.