commons-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Topping" <topp...@digidemic.com>
Subject [Digester] when would I want to setUseContextClassLoader(false)?
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2003 06:46:45 GMT
Hi all,

I ran into a project on SourceForge that uses Digester (neat!), but they are
not calling setUseContextClassLoader(true) when loading up their config.
Struts seems to have this call and everything works fine on JBoss.  I added
this call and the other project now works fine too.

It's quite clear to me what using the context class loader instead of the jar
class loader does, what I am wondering is under what circumstances that the
class loader would *not* want to be the context class loader.  Any ideas?

thanks,

Brian