commons-user mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject RE: [HttpClient] sample code for form post
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 18:27:50 GMT
Try reading the response again when you get 100 continue. This is not the
final response from the server, it just means that you can continue. Some
servers always send this response no matter what happens. You need to ignore
it.

Donie

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Dunn [mailto:greg.dunn@nisc.cc]
Sent: 20 March 2003 18:14
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: RE: [HttpClient] sample code for form post

I need to post a set of form values to an authorization service.  I couldn't
locate any example code that does this, does anyone know where I could find
some?

My initial attempts have been thwarted by the server's returning an HTTP
100 - Continue response.

This is the relevant part of what I have via trial and much error:

try {
    HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
    client.setConnectionTimeout(5000);

    PostMethod post = new PostMethod(paymentServerURL);
    post.setFollowRedirects(false);
    post.setStrictMode(true);
    post.setRequestHeader("Content-Type",
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded");

    // Add the form values
    NameValuePair[] data = {
        new NameValuePair("x_First_Name", x_First_Name),
        new NameValuePair("x_Last_Name", x_Last_Name),
        new NameValuePair("x_Card_Num", x_Card_Num),
        new NameValuePair("x_Exp_Date", x_Exp_Date)
    };

    post.setRequestBody(data);
    client.executeMethod(post);

    try {
        responseContent = post.getResponseBodyAsString();
    } catch (NullPointerException e) {
        // do graceful stuff
    }

    responseCode = post.getStatusCode();