commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Anthony Eden ...@anthonyeden.com>
Subject Re: Commons -Logging and Log4J
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:47:29 GMT
I have found that the most reliable way is to place the file log4j.properties in the /WEB-INF/classes
directory.

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden

Jagadeesan,Sivakumar wrote:
> oops I meant the properties file
> I am having the jar files in the lib directory
> 
> This is my problem
> " Hi All:
>       
>      I am using commons logging and Log 4 J in my web app that is
>      deployed in Tomcat.
>      I have commons-logging point to Log4 J and I have the Log4J
>      configuration file. But for some reason commons logging instead of
>      using Log4J it using the default logger and logging only in my
>      console, not in the files that I have defined in my Log4J
>      configuration file
>       "
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hajratwala, Nayan (N.) [mailto:nhajratw@ford.com]
> Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 9:38 AM
> To: 'Jakarta Commons Users List'
> Subject: RE: Commons -Logging and Log4J
> 
> 
> Yes.  All your jar files should be in WEB-INF/lib
> 
> 
> ---
> - Nayan Hajratwala
> - Chikli Consulting LLC
> - http://www.chikli.com
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jagadeesan,Sivakumar [mailto:sivakumar.jagadeesan@dhs.state.tx.us] 
> Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 10:35 AM
> To: 'Jakarta Commons Users List'
> Subject: RE: Commons -Logging and Log4J
> 
> 
> I am actually putting the commons-logging and log4j jar files in 
> <Tomcat-home>/webapps/myweb/WEB-INF/classes.
> 
> Do I need to put them in <Tomcat-home>/webapps/myweb/WEB-INF/lib instead ?
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stephen Westbom [mailto:swestbom@yahoo.com]
> Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 6:16 PM
> To: Jakarta Commons Users List
> Subject: Re: Commons -Logging and Log4J
> 
> 
> I bet you are not putting the commons-logging and log4j jar files in the web
> app's lib directory in the deployment.  The server's class loaders just
> don't
> see your configuration file.
> 
> --- Thomas Lionel SMETS <tsmets@brutele.be> wrote:
> 
>>Why don't youpost the config file + the directory structure so we 
>>cangive them a look ;-)
>>Thomas,
>>
>>Jagadeesan,Sivakumar wrote:
>>
>>> 
>>>
>>>    Hi All:
>>>     
>>>    I am using commons logging and Log 4 J in my web app that is
>>>    deployed in Tomcat.
>>>    I have commons-logging point to Log4 J and I have the Log4J
>>>    configuration file. But for some reason commons logging instead of
>>>    using Log4J it using the default logger and logging only in my
>>>    console, not in the files that I have defined in my Log4J
>>>    configuration file
>>>     
>>>    --Siva Jagadeesan
>>>
>>>
>>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>>
>>-- 
>>Thomas SMETS
>>SCJP2 - Brussels
>>
>>http://tsmets.lautre.net
>>
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
> 
> 
> 
> __________________________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!
> http://platinum.yahoo.com
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message