commons-user mailing list archives

From Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath <vrangan...@cox.net>
Subject Re: JXPath: XMl traversal
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:32:38 GMT
Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath wrote:
> Dmitri Plotnikov wrote:
>
>> Venkatesh,
>>
>> Try passing to the JXPathContext the document itself, rather than its
>> root
>> element.  I believe JXPath is trying to find a child of the root element
>> called "CONFIGURATION", but of course fails to find one.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>

> Nope.  I tried passing the document.  I also tried giving the root
> element and "//PROCESSOR" as the xpath expression.  Both had no result
> as in the previous case.  Any clues?

Well, sorry for the mispost.  There was a class version issue and things are resolved now.
 However,

context.getValue("INTERVAL_TIMEOUT") != null
throws an exception rather than returning null as there may be no element with tag name "INTERVAL_TIMEOUT".
 I have tried
getPointer() with the same effect.  Any clues why this might occur?  It is my understanding
that one can test for optional
elements by providing an xpath expression and if that evaluates to null then one can conclude
that the element does not
exists.  Is this correct?  If not, how should one test for existence of optional elements?

waiting for reply,

>> - Dmitri Plotnikov

>>> i.hasNext();) {
>>> System.out.println("1");