commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <>
Subject Re: Eclipse plugin for Jelly?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:21:36 GMT
Autogeneration might be challenging for tags with attributes stored in
maps. Reflection could be used for attributes set via bean properties.
Maybe, some sort of property could be added to MapTagSupport to set/get
an allowed list of attributes. Otherwise, there seems to be a need for
some sort of "Tag Descriptors" similar to JSP taglibraries. Maybe in
cases where Mapped Attributes are used, the schemas would need to be
fleshed out by hand.

I do think schemas would be quite powerful for other uses too. Maybe
validating Jelly Scripts for tag syntax errors before execution.

James Strachan wrote:

>From: "Mark R. Diggory" <>
>>Hey, has there been any thought about an Eclipse Plugin for Jelly? I
>>just realized how powerful something like that would be for my project.
>I'd absolutely *love* an eclipse plugin for Jelly :).
>I was thinking we could auto-generate something (say XML Schema documents)
>for each tag library so that Eclipse could perform auto-completion of tags
>Do You Yahoo!?
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message