commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: [jelly] problem outputing xml namespaces
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:01:51 GMT
I've taken a closer look at the problem.

> I just noticed a rather awkward problem when Jelly outputs
> XML elements with
> namespace attributes.  Somehow it doesn't output a
> doublequote after the
> namespace URI (attribute value).  Take this script for example:
>
> 	<j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core" trim="false">
> 	 <foo x="y" xmlns=""/>
> 	 <foo:foo xmlns:foo="urn:foons"/>
> 	</j:jelly>
>
> The output generated by Jelly is:
>
> 	 <foo xmlns=" x="y"></foo>
> 	 <foo:foo xmlns:foo="urn:foons></foo:foo>
>
> For both namespace declarations the doublequote after the
> namespace URI is
> missing.  Is this a problem in Jelly or dom4j even?  Either
> way: Should
> Jelly bugs be reported using JIRA or BugZilla?

It actually does seem to be a problem in dom4j (version bundled with Jelly).
Executing the following snippet:

	XMLWriter w = new XMLWriter(System.out);
	w.startDocument();
	w.startPrefixMapping("j", "jelly:core");
	w.startElement("jelly:core", "jelly", "j:jelly", new
AttributesImpl());
	w.endElement("jelly:core", "jelly", "j:jelly");
	w.endPrefixMapping("j");
	w.flush();

yields:

	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	<j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core></j:jelly>

So, when using dom4j by itself the problem is present as well.  Which I
guess, in a way, is good news for Jelly ;-)

Cheers,

--
knut