commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <>
Subject RE: [jelly] body as unescaped xml
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:40:19 GMT
I never got a conclusive answer to this problem I posted a few weeks ago.  A
proposed solution was to use the "encode" attribute of the <j:set/> tag, but
it doesn't have any effect for some reason.  So maybe it's a bug in Jelly?

To restate the problem: If I set a variable to some XML data and later
dereference this variable, the output is escaped using XML entities.  I
would like the output to be in unescaped form.  I have tried the following:

	<j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core">
	 <j:set var="foo" encode="false">

but despite the "encode" attribute is set to false the output is
"&lt;bar&gt;&lt;/bar&gt;".  And I'd like it to be "<bar></bar>"