commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject [jelly] howto setup eclipse for jelly development?
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:27:35 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could provide some easy instructions on how to
best set up Eclipse for development on the Jelly project.

I suppose the first step is to check out Jelly as a Java project from CVS.
This part is quite easy.

The next step is probably to setup the project classpath using the Maven
definitions, which is very well explained in
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/stories/2003/02/12/usingEclipseAndMaven.htm
l.

Now comes the harder part: Now that Jelly has been modularized into the core
and the individual tag libraries (all as individual Maven projects) I don't
know how to best map these to Eclipse projects.  Should I create a single
Java project for everything?  Or should I create individual projects for the
tag libraries?  For the former to work, I assume I will have to setup the
classpath and sourcepath manually, which isn't very elegant.  And for the
latter to work I assume I will somehow have to use a different root
directory for the Jelly core project as projects can't be nested in Eclipse.
Also I guess I'd have to setup the project dependencies manually.

Hopefully there's a much easier solution altogether! :-)

Cheers,

--
knut