commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: Eclipse plugin for Jelly?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 15:57:58 GMT
> > Hey, has there been any thought about an Eclipse Plugin for Jelly? I
> > just realized how powerful something like that would be for
> my project.
>
> I'd absolutely *love* an eclipse plugin for Jelly :).

What would be te purpose of the Jelly plugin?  I can think of a number of
different uses:
- provide the jelly.jar as a library for other plugins to use at runtime
- an editor for Jelly scripts (maybe as a definition for a generic XML
editor)
- an action to execute Jelly scripts in the workspace
- a wizard plugin which could be used to create projects providing new Jelly
tag libraries (which in turn also could be deployed as Eclipse plugins)

> I was thinking we could auto-generate something (say XML
> Schema documents)
> for each tag library so that Eclipse could perform
> auto-completion of tags
> etc.

Does the necessary information exist to do this?  Or is there just the Java
source files to parse?  Maybe it would be good with some kind of description
(maybe as XML) for each tag library providing the necessary metadata.

Cheers,

--
knut