commons-user mailing list archives

From Guanqun Zhang <kuan...@yahoo.com.cn>
Subject [JXPath] Concurrence problem of JXPath
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:22:39 GMT
Dear all,

     I am new to this maillist, if my question is
stale, please forgive me. :-)

     I am using JXPath 1.1, and it has a little better
performance than Xalan. But during the stress test,
occasionally there are some exceptions. Here is the
exception stacktrace:
ava.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at
java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.next(HashMap.java(Compiled
Code))
    at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.cleanupCache(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
    at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.compileExpression(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
    at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.getValue(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
It seems that it is because the HashMap is not thread
safe.

Have someone faced similar problems? I cannot find any
information neither in goole nor in this mail list.
Could you please give me some suggestion?

Thanks!

John