commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using parser in Digester
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 05:27:32 GMT

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Jai PP wrote:

> Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:03:43 -0800 (PST)
> From: Jai PP <jpgulbarga@yahoo.com>
> To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Using parser in Digester
>
> Hi,
> I am using Digester. Do you know how do I specify my
> own parse to Digester ? I think, by default it looks
> for the one in classpath. For my project , I have more
> than one parser in classpath and want to use a
> specific one, lets say oracleSaxParser.
>
> I tried to extend the Digester and use the parse
> protected variable but it did help

Digester uses JAXP APIs to select the parser, so the mechanism for
selecting your own is described in the JAXP specification.  Among other
places, you can find that by starting at:

  http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/

The parser you want to use must have JAXP adapters in order for this to
work.

> thanks!
> - Jaiteerth

Craig McClanahan