commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [Net] plans for ssh
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 01:20:52 GMT

Any volunteers for implementing ssh?  I think enough folks have made a
case for having an Apache implementation.  If no one steps forward, I'll
take some time out somewhere down the road (i.e., a month or two) and
implement it (not as I described, but instead doing a 100% Java
implementation which isn't that hard if one is willing to accept a
dependence on the Java Cryptography Extension and JDK 1.4).  I'd like to
use it as an excuse to make a proposal for how the Net 2.0 framework could
be redesigned it could use some rearchitecting to enhance reusability and
facilitate testing.  I originally didn't think I'd dedicate any time to
assisting with new development, but Net has some problems that are really
entirely my fault from about six years ago and I'm getting the itch to fix
them.  Steve Cohen already did a good job of fixing some of them.

daniel