commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DynaBean question
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 00:57:32 GMT

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Imran Bohoran wrote:

> Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 06:22:39 +0600
> From: Imran Bohoran <Imran@virtusa.com>
> To: "'commons-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: DynaBean question
>
> Hi All
>
> I have a question on the DynaBean. I tried looking for some documentation
> but couldn't. What I need to know is how or what I should do to make use of
> the DynaBeans in my application. I want to see whether I can use Dynabeans
> instead of creating a normal beans as value objects. Any idea how to do
> this. A starting point would be great.

A good general starting point is the Javadocs for commons-beanutils --
particularly the package description for the org.apache.commons.beanutils
package:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/api/

In terms of usage, start by looking for places you have created "value
objects" -- simple JavaBeans that just have property getters and setters
but no actual behavior.  That's the easiest sort of scenario to switch to
DynaBeans.

A more sophisticated example would be to look at how the Struts framework
lets you use DynaBeans instead of creating form bean (ActionForm) classes.

  http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/

> TIA
> Imran

Craig