commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <dplot...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [JXPath] extend JXPath
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:03:13 GMT
pikepoke,

--- pikepoke@netcourrier.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We'd like to extend JXPath to navigate through our objects.
> Basically, we need to redefine how to process each token, but we want
> to keep the benefits of predicates handling, etc...
> Is there a best way to achieve this...? We were thinking of 2
> solutions :
> - creating specific functions and try to call them successively in
> our path.
> - implement interface DynamicPropertyHandler and define our behaviour
> in getProperty method.

If you can achieve your goal by implementing DynamicPropertyHandler,
that's the way to go - there is nothing easier.  Let me know if you run
into problems with this approach.

> Does anybody know which is the best way, or is there another solution
> ?
> Also, we would like to know if it's possible to define some custom
> prefixes like in "/child::AAA" in xpath.
Unfortunately, that is not possible without breaking the XPath
standard. The prefixes defined by the standard are hardcoded in the
implementation of JXPath, so extending that list would technically also
be a challenge.

> Thanks a lot,
> pikepoke.

Regards,