commons-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adrian.sut...@ephox.com>
Subject RE: [httpclient] How to determine if connection is alive?
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:10:52 GMT

Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenny Smith [mailto:tomcat-user@journalscape.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 25 March 2003 5:13 AM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [httpclient] How to determine if connection is alive?

Hello,

I'm currently using 2.0a1 (I can't upgrade to the current release yet
for production reasons) and I'm using Keep-Alive connections. I would
like to find out if my connection is still alive, but I can't find any
way to determine that. I've found the isAlive() method in HttpConnection
object, but I can't find anyway to get an instance of the HttpConnection
object.

My overall goal: We are testing an application where apache will have
Keep-Alives turned off. My testing app will use HttpClient to try to
create a Keep-Alive connection and hold it open as long as possible. In
the previous version, the thread making the request would just sleep for
x number of seconds, but I want the code to move ahead and make the next
request if apache forces the connection closed (i.e. correctly stops the
Keep-Alive) so simply sleeping x number of seconds blindly doesn't work
for me.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Kenny Smith