commons-user mailing list archives

From Bernard Johnson <bjohnson+dated+1047712177.881...@symetrix.com>
Subject [VFS] "Could not list the contents of..."
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 05:35:50 GMT
I'm looking at using the VFS component in a piece of software I'm developing.  Currently, I'm
experimenting with the Shell example program.  I can cp files from http locations, but when
I try to cd to the location and ls the files, I get the message above, followed by the specifier
of the location.

Local locations work file.  Http and Ftp locations give the error message.  Is there something
special I need to do to get the directory listing?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to "walk" a remote location (both http and ftp) to get a listing
of files at that location.

Thanks