commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Baptiste REURE" <jbre...@allette.com.au>
Subject [JXPath] simple question on containers
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 04:46:34 GMT
Hi all,
A quick question from a newbie here.
I wanted to use JXPath in my application and I was looking for a way to use
Containers on dynamic data.
The only way to use a DocumentContainer now is to provide a URL of the xml
file containing the data.
I wanted to know if it was possible (maybe it is hidden somewhere...) to
provide a stream of some kind or a String as the xml data.
My application is generating XML data dynamically and the use of JXPath
could be very useful for me in this case. Right now, I have implemented the
saving of the dynamic data in a temporary file and use a DocumentContainer
object. It works fine but is a bit heavy.

Thanks for your response,

Jean-Baptiste REURE