commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Jelly] jelly script in an Object's String attribute
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:51:42 GMT
 I've added a first cut of a <j:parse> tag that can be used to parse a Jelly
script from a string or from the output of its body. e.g.

<j:parse text="${foo}"/>

or

<j:parse>
    <!-- something that generates XML events like XSLT or something -->
</j:parse>

if a var attribute is specified then the Scirpt is output as a variable -
otherwise its just executed.

Note that I've not had time to create a JUnit test case for this (bad James)
so use at your own peril :). I think it'll work but am not sure.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannheden@paranor.ch>
To: "'Jakarta Commons Users List'" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 9:42 AM
Subject: RE: [Jelly] jelly script in an Object's String attribute

Raphaƫl,

> I'm currently trying to understand how to use jelly but,
> it seems that we can not use a script stored as a string attribute of
> an object.

Check the recent thread "[jelly] Eval complex xml pipline?" (archive
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-user&m=104616122928043&w=2).
It discusses how to implement a Tag to make Jelly evaluate a piece of XML as
Jelly code.  I don't know if there is a working implementation already.
Sean?

Cheers,

--
knut