commons-user mailing list archives

From "Philip Seay" <pds...@worldnet.att.net>
Subject [validator]Confusion about TestValidator and TestTypeValidator
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:40:32 GMT
Good evening!

I'm a new user attempting to use the Validator framework outside of
Struts.  I've looked at all the examples in the validator-1.0.1-src
download and see that all the validator-*.xml files refer to
TestValidator and TestTypeValidator.
Neither of these classes is in the commons-validator.jar that was in the
validator-1.0.1.zip file.  I believe it would be possible to use the
GenericValidator and GenericTypeValidator instead except that I can't
see how to set up a required rule using the isBlankOrNull method.  How
should I proceed?  Are TestValidator and TestTypeValidator in some other
.jar file?  Shouldn't there be a isNotBlankOrNull method in
GenericValidator?  I really must have the ability to set up a required
rule.  Many thanks!

Regards,
Phil Seay
mailto:philip@seay.name