commons-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with form parameter files
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 05:55:22 GMT

<faustas.zilinskas@wachovia.com> wrote in message
news:OF6B5A094A.85C158D7-ON85256CCA.00812BBA@infra.fub.com...

> Hi,
>
> In my multipart form I have one simple form parameter and 3 "file" type
> parameters.
> When I upload and parse it with Fileupload, 4 files get created.
>
> After I'm done with the request,
> I'm calling FileItem.delete() for all of them, but only three files get
> deleted: the one that contains the simple form
> parameter doesn't get deleted. When I try to delete it manually, I get
> "Sharing violation error", which means
> that there is another process who has the file open. Only after I shutdown
> the JVM I can delete the file.
>
> Does anyone know what's wrong? I checked DefaultFileItem.get() and it
seems
> that it's not closing the stream
> after reading the contents of the file. Is this a correct behavior?

This looks like a bug. Please file a bug report here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/bugs.html

However, the fact that your regular form item is being stored as a file,
rather than in memory, suggests that you may not be configuring your
FileUpload instance appropriately. Make sure you are specifying a reasonable
value for the sizeThreshold parameter to parseRequest().

--
Martin Cooper