commons-user mailing list archives

From Eric_Schwarzenb...@Classwell.com
Subject [Jelly] Should 'maven test' using commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3-src.tar work?
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:41:51 GMT

I can't seem to get

maven test

(follwing the directions as described in the Getting Started section of the
jelly site)

with a set of files extracted from commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3-src.tar to
work. Maven downloads lots of stuff then starts spitting compile errors,
like

java:compile:
    [javac] Compiling 222 source files to C:\java\jelly\target\classes
C:
\java\jelly\src\java\org\apache\commons\jelly\impl\DefaultTagLibraryResolver.j
ava:59: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ServiceDiscovery
location: package discovery
import org.apache.commons.discovery.ServiceDiscovery;
                                    ^

I'm using maven 1.0-beta-8, though I also tried beta-7 but that produced
download errors.

Any ideas? Is the expectation that this will only work with the latest
sources checked out from CVS?

Thanks,

Eric Schwwarzenbach