commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Jelly and X++
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 17:00:21 GMT

On Samedi, févr 8, 2003, at 16:53 Europe/Paris, James Strachan wrote:
> I guess the main difference is Jelly doesn't try to be a programming
> language, its more like XML duct tape to glue together beans, Ant
> tasks, real scripting languages or expression languages like XPath or
> Jexl together.

You forgot one essential thing in there: Jelly can contain explicit XML
content making it more than appropriate for elementary XML-file-based
data processing.
Such elementary thing as merging before handing to a stylesheet and
still processing its output with  a bit more scripting is something
that I have only seen at other places in ten times more verbose ways.

Paul