commons-user mailing list archives

From "Baltz, Kenneth" <Kba...@firstam.com>
Subject RE: [Digester]How do you populate a map?
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 01:41:57 GMT
> My understanding of XML style guidelines is that the above is
> considered
> poor form

Agreed.  I was just trying to illustrate my point with the smallest change
possible.  Adding <entry> makes it much clearer and easier to edit.

> I assume <Book> should create some sort of Book object, and
> you ultimately
> want to call map.put(book.getTitle(), book), right?  If so,
> it sounds like
> time to write your own custom Rule implementation -- easy and fun! :-)

You're right, that is a more elegant solution than a Proxy class which has
to be public.  I wish I had seen this example earlier.

Thanks so much for the help.

K.C.