commons-user mailing list archives

From "Baltz, Kenneth" <Kba...@firstam.com>
Subject RE: [collections] Sort map by value
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 17:00:20 GMT
If you didn't need to handle additional put()s and remove()s, you could use
SequenceHashMap and just be sure to put the items into the map in order.

K.C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Willie Vu [mailto:ctwillie@ust.hk]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 11:28 PM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [collections] Sort map by value

I've a map where the key is to lookup an item and the value is a title for
display.  The titles are not unique.  I want to sort the map by the titles.
SortedMap only sorts by key.  DoubleOrderedMap forces values to be unique.
Neither satisfies my requirement.  Does anyone know a map implementation
that does what I want?

--
Willie Vu