commons-user mailing list archives

From "Baltz, Kenneth" <Kba...@firstam.com>
Subject RE: [digester] - v1.4 breaks existing code : property has no gett er method
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 23:53:01 GMT
Looks like you have it right.  Here's the code from the fix:

	// Force an exception if the property does not exist
	// (BeanUtils.setProperty() sildently returns in this case)
	PropertyUtils.getProperty(top, actualName);

	// Set the property (with conversion as necessary)
	BeanUtils.setProperty(top, actualName, actualValue);

I'm sure it fails in PropertyUtils.getProperty for your code.

It looks like the problem is ultimately with BeanUtils.setProperty.  Maybe a
bug should be filed against BeanUtils?  I guess it depends on the design
intent of Digester (i.e. is it intended for Beans only).

K.C.