commons-user mailing list archives

From Christian Sell <christian.s...@netcologne.de>
Subject Re: [JXPath] evaluating expression on a given node
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:52:24 GMT

> You will need to create a separate context for every node, because a context
> is associated with its context node at birth and for life.  You don't need
> to keep the contexts - create them as you need them and throw them away.
> They are really not heavy weight at all, provided that you keep all the
> heavy-weight stuff like variables and extension functions on the shared base
> context.

I am still unclear about the context thing. However, I have already
achieved my goal with Jaxen, and will try the same with JXPath now, by
looking at the source code

>>BTW, any hints on how to build JXPath from cvs? I am getting lots of
>>test failures, and maven.log is full of error messages about invalid
>>uses of Jelly tags.
>
> If you are having problems with the Maven build, try the regular Ant build -
> it works like a charm.

what makes me feel uncomfortable is the test failures I see all over the
place:

test:test:
     [junit] Running
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.axes.SimplePathInterpreterTest
     [junit] Tests run: 8, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1,488 sec
     [junit] Running
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathCompiledExpressionTest
     [junit] Tests run: 29, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,811 sec
     [junit] Running
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.compiler.ContextDependencyTest
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,362 sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.compiler.CoreFunctionTest
     [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1 sec
     [junit] [ERROR] TEST
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.compiler.CoreFunctionTest FAILED
     [junit] Running org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.compiler.CoreOperationTest
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,732 sec
     [junit] Running
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.compiler.ExtensionFunctionTest
     [junit] Tests run: 13, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1,226 sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.compiler.VariableTest
     [junit] Tests run: 18, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,873 sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.beans.BeanModelTest
     [junit] Tests run: 46, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1,573 sec
     [junit] [ERROR] TEST
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.beans.BeanModelTest FAILED
     [junit] Running org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.MixedModelTest
     [junit] Tests run: 39, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1,838 sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.dom.DOMModelTest
     [junit] Tests run: 27, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 2,171 sec
     [junit] [ERROR] TEST
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.dom.DOMModelTest FAILED
     [junit] Running
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.dynabeans.DynaBeanModelTest
     [junit] Tests run: 46, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1,869 sec
     [junit] [ERROR] TEST
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.dynabeans.DynaBeanModelTest FAILED
     [junit] Running
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.dynamic.DynamicPropertiesModelTest
     [junit] Tests run: 16, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1,022 sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.jdom.JDOMModelTest
     [junit] Tests run: 27, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3,547 sec
     [junit] [ERROR] TEST
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.jdom.JDOMModelTest FAILED
     [junit] Running org.apache.commons.jxpath.util.BasicTypeConverterTest
     [junit] Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,208 sec