commons-user mailing list archives

From Christian Sell <christian.s...@netcologne.de>
Subject [JXPath] evaluating expression on a given node
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:53:45 GMT
Hello,

I am intending to use XPath from inside an SAX DefaultHandler by
determining whether the current node conforms to a given expression. At
this point I have the node tree available in an application-specific
format which is built during parsing.

at first glance it seems to me that to do this I would have to delve
rather deep into the evaluation mechanism and adapt it to my purpose.

Does anyone have hints that may help me towards my purpose? Is JXPath
the right tool, or is there some other plaxe I should look to?

TIA,
Christian