commons-user mailing list archives

From "John Unwin" <J...@fingertip.co.nz>
Subject [DBCP] Different user/password for each connection?
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:01:12 GMT
All the DBCP examples I have seen specify a single user id/password  to create
connections.

Is it possible to use connections based on an individual user's credentials?

E.g. All our users are defined as a user to our database. Each can have different
(database) access credentials. We collect a user id and password from each user and
want to pass those to the database when a connection is made. Does this mean that the
connections cannot be reused (because the user/password will differ)?

--
John Unwin
john@fingertip.co.nz