commons-user mailing list archives

From Kim Scott <k...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: Digester Newbie Question
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:25:57 GMT
Hi,

> On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Baltz, Kenneth wrote:
>
> Digester 1.4 was released this week.  You might give it a try.  I don't see
> anything immediately wrong with your example, but I'm not familiar with
> using a validating parser or namespaces.

Thanks very much for reviewing my example
and telling me about the new Digester version.
This helps a lot.

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Craig R. McClanahanwrote:

> I just added a test case in the current Digester code that shows your
> approach working for me with the current code (i.e. what's in the Digester
> 1.4 recently released) -- but without validation or schema available.
> You don't say what parser you're using (I use the Xerces version that came
> with Ant 1.5.1), so that would be one area to investigate.
>
> It would also be worth trying this with validation turned off, and
> stripping out the <DOCTYPE>, namespace, and schema things.  If that works,
> it will help narrow down where your problem might actually be.

Thanks very much for letting me know that my example worked for you and
suggesting areas to investigate.

As you suggested, the problem seems to be my version of Xerces.  I tried
the newest and things started working (even the schema validation works).
I am so happy.  Thanks.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Kim