commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: [jelly] body as unescaped xml
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:37:53 GMT
> > I noticed that <j:set/> has an "encode" attribute, but
> that's used to
> encode
> > stuff like "&lt;" into "&amp;lt;", right?  So you propose
> to add another
> > attribute "encoding" to control whether to encode data into
> valid XML
> text?
>
> Sorry I meant the 'encode' attribute. This defaults to true which will
> encode > into &lt;. So setting this to false will fix your issue.

Doesn't seem to work for me (using CVS version)...  No matter if I set
"encode" to true or false, the outcome of the script:

<j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core">
 <j:set var="foo" encode="false">
  <bar/>
 </j:set>
 ${foo}
</j:jelly>

is always "&lt;bar&gt;&lt;/bar&gt;".  Am I missing something else here?

--
knut