commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: [jelly] Eval complex xml pipline?
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:23:27 GMT
> Wrapping up the use of this parser inside a Jelly Tag would be pretty
trival
> (either outputting the Script as a variable or just evaluating the Script
> after its been parsed).

Yeah, I suppose that would be fairly easy.  In that case (assuming it's
wrapped into a <j:eval/> tag) Sean's script would look something like this:

<j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core" xmlns:define="jelly:define" xmlns:jdom="jdom"
         xmlns:x="jelly:xml" xmlns="jelly:bean">

	<j:import inherit="true" trim="true" uri="beandefs.jelly"/>

	<define:taglib uri="jdom">
		<define:jellybean name="parse" className="JDomParseTag"/>
	</define:taglib>

	<j:eval>
		<x:transform xslt="${stylesheet}">
			<jdom:parse doc="${document}"/>
		</x:transform>
	</j:eval>

</j:jelly>

Would a tag like this be of interest to the Jelly project?  Would any of the
existing tag libraries be a suitable "parent" for it?  Jelly Core?

Cheers,

--
knut