commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: [Jelly] restrict use of tag libraries
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:55:48 GMT
Christian,

> How, for example, would I express the fact that it does not
> make sense
> to surround certain tags from my taglib with a <forEach/>
> element (e.g.,
> because they are declarative in nature, and must appear only once, or
> dont allow parameterization)?

What would be the point of being able to do something like this?  You can
never know how people will use your tags.  But if they're used te wrong way
you could always detect that and log an error, no?

IMHO it would be wrong to add some kind of validation to tags.  But maybe
you could provide more information on the problem with <element1/> and
<element2/> which you've mentioned.

Cheers,

--
knut