commons-user mailing list archives

From Sean Brandt <s...@fuzzymagic.com>
Subject [jelly] Eval complex xml pipline?
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:32:54 GMT
Given the following:
     A source xml document ( currently in jdom ) whose content is sent
to jelly via a custom tag that fires sax events down xmlout's pipeline.
That output is then transformed via the jelly:xml transform tag. The
result of that transformation is yet another jelly script ( it has
beandef defined tags in it ).

How do I get that transformed document eval'd by the jelly script
runner?

Example:

<j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core" xmlns:define="jelly:define"
xmlns:jdom="jdom"
     xmlns:x="jelly:xml" xmlns="jelly:bean">

	<!-- define beans , this file just contains a number of bean
definitions
		<beandef name="foo" className="nowhere.Bar"/>
	-->
	<j:import inherit="true" trim="true" uri="beandefs.jelly"/>

	<define:taglib uri="jdom">
		<define:jellybean name="parse" className="JDomParseTag"/>
	</define:taglib>

	<x:transform xslt="${stylesheet}">
		<jdom:parse doc="${document}"/>
	</x:transform>

</j:jelly>

The transformed xml would be similar to:
<root>
	<foo attr1="aaa"/>
</root>

And what I want to happen is that every time the foo tag is seen, a Bar
object is instantiated and it's attr1 is set to "aaa"

Ideas? Tag I missed somewhere?

I looked at jsl, but I'm not entirely sure it will support some of the
complex xsl support I'll need during the transform process.

- Sean Brandt