commons-user mailing list archives

From Lee Breisacher <LBreisac...@seagullsw.com>
Subject CursorableLinkedList ConcurrentModificationException
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:31:59 GMT
I just ran into this error:

 	at
java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(AbstractList.java:444)
 	at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(AbstractList.java:421)
	at
org.apache.commons.collections.CursorableLinkedList.broadcastListableInserte
d(Unknown Source)
 	at
org.apache.commons.collections.CursorableLinkedList.insertListable(Unknown
Source)
 	at
org.apache.commons.collections.CursorableLinkedList.addFirst(Unknown Source)
 	at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.returnObject(Unknown Source)

Unfortunately, I do not have stack traces for the other threads that were
running, so I don't know what some other thread must have been doing to
cause this. But, looking at GenericObjectPool, it appears to be properly
synchronized at all the places that operate on the CursorableLinkedList (its
_pool variable), so I don't quite understand how this error can occur.
Anyway, does this look like a bug in CursorableLinkedList?  Has anyone seen
this before and know of a fix/workaround?

Thanks,

Lee