commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <>
Subject Re: [JXPath] The name attribute?
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:00:57 GMT

"Name" is a special attribute that represents the name of the property.
 It was of course a mistake to introduce this attribute without a
namespace, it should have been something like "jxpath:name", but now it
is too late to change it for compatibility reasons.  This special use
of the "name" attribute only applies to beans and maps and does not
apply to XML-based models (DOM, JDOM)

I recommend the use of the child access instead of attribute to access
properties, e.g. customer[name='xxx']

- Dmitri