commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <dplot...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [JXPath] evaluating expression on a given node
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:11:25 GMT
Christian,

--- Christian Sell <christian.sell@netcologne.de> wrote:

> > You will need to create a separate context for every node, because
> a context
> > is associated with its context node at birth and for life.  You
> don't need
> > to keep the contexts - create them as you need them and throw them
> away.
> > They are really not heavy weight at all, provided that you keep all
> the
> > heavy-weight stuff like variables and extension functions on the
> shared base
> > context.
>
> I am still unclear about the context thing. However, I have already
> achieved my goal with Jaxen, and will try the same with JXPath now,
> by
> looking at the source code

Of course you are welcome to look at the source code.  But I would
really appreciate it if you told me what it was that you were looking
there for. Such feedback would allow me to improve the documentation.

> >>BTW, any hints on how to build JXPath from cvs? I am getting lots
> of
> >>test failures, and maven.log is full of error messages about
> invalid
> >>uses of Jelly tags.
> >
> > If you are having problems with the Maven build, try the regular
> Ant build -
> > it works like a charm.
>
> what makes me feel uncomfortable is the test failures I see all over
> the
> place:
The test failures are caused by a minor issue with Maven where in
certain version of Maven it does not copy test resources into the
test_classes tree properly.  In order to get the tests run with Maven I
typically copy that resource by hand.  But like I said, the Ant build
including the tests works just fine.

- Dmitri