commons-user mailing list archives

From Venisa Cabrilla <venisa_cabri...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Questions on httpClient
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:45:37 GMT
hi Christian, Maurice,

Thank you very much for the information, I really
appreciate it and it really helps me.

Hope this question is still related, if not, please
anyone who knows help me to tell where should I put
it.

I can now connect to certain server, send the http
request, parse the response and format it to suit my
jsp pages.

My question is, suppose I do not want to parse the
page, I mean I just want to display the page directly
as if this page was in my web server (i.e. login page
or login form yahoo mail) without changing the main
url in the browser toolbar, but just add some
parameters in the url or some cookies, is there any
technology that I can use for it ? One solution that I
can think of is by using the proxy server (i.e java
proxy server), send the http request to this proxy and
wait for the response from the proxy.

Or maybe the portlets technology from jetspeed can be
used for this problem ?

Many thanks in advance.

Kindest regards,
Venisa Cabrilla