commons-user mailing list archives

From Kevin HaleBoyes <kzbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] getting the underlying result set for Blob processing
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:58:47 GMT

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/class-loader-howto.html

> but the same principles apply.

Given this and the other information provided in this thread, I
assume that I'd have to copy the commons-dbcp and commons-pool
(provided by Struts and residing in MyWebApp/WEB-INF/lib) into the
CATALINA_HOME/common/lib directory.  My reasoning is that it is
Tomcat that is managing the connection pool and not the webapp, so
any classes associated with dbcp are coming from common/lib.

Anyway, I've copied the two jar files and modified my code and
everything is running great.

It is a real shame that I have to do this.  Not only is my webapp
now dependant on Oracle it also has to know about
DelegatingResultSet and that I'm using DBCP.  At least it's all
tucked away into a DAO class and doesn't effect the rest of the
application.

Many, many thanks to everyone that has helped.
Not only has it helped me solve my immediate problem it has
prompted me to re-read the class loader howto!
Kevin.