commons-user mailing list archives

From Kevin HaleBoyes <kzbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] getting the underlying result set for Blob processing
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:44:25 GMT

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-dbcp

> > Good luck.
>
> Craig

Thanks to Craig and Stephen for their advice!!

I have to agree with Stephen about the mess that Oracle forces us
to go through to handle blobs.  Given that the standard JDBC
interface
allows for blob handling, it is even more criminal.

Craig, can I take the nightly build of commons-dbcp and drop it into
my installation?  I'm using Tomcat 4.1.18 and Struts 1.1b3 so I have
the commons-dbcp.jar in CATALINA_HOME/common/lib (provided as part
of Tomcat) and in MyWebApp/WEB-INF/lib (provided as part of the
Struts libraries).  I'm not using the datasource facility of Struts
- only in Tomcat.  Should I replace both copies or is it enough to
replace only the CATALINA_HOME/common/lib jar file?

Again, thanks for the help.
Kevin.