commons-user mailing list archives

From Kevin HaleBoyes <kzbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject [DBCP] getting the underlying result set for Blob processing
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:07:41 GMT
I'm using Tomcat 4.1.18 and the connection pooling (DBCP but I'm not
sure what version) that comes with it.  I've got a connection,
prepared a (select) statement and executed the query.  This always
works great but I've got a special case that I need to handle.

I'm trying to insert/update a Blob into an Oracle database.  All of
the literature says that I must cast my ResultSet to an
OracleResultSet and call the getBLOB() method (note: I'm not calling
the standard getBlob() method).  Given the Oracle BLOB (locator) I
can stream the contents to the database.

Now, the ResultSet that I'm getting from the stmt.executeQuery() call
is a DelegatingResultSet from the dbcp package and that can not be
casted into the (ultimately underlying) OracleResultSet.

I noticed that there is a method in DelegatingResultSet to get the
Statement but none to get the ResultSet.  If I could get the
contained ResultSet then I could do the cast.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed?
Thanks,
Kevin.