commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Digester Newbie Question
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 23:27:38 GMT

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Baltz, Kenneth wrote:

> Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 15:07:46 -0800
> From: "Baltz, Kenneth" <Kbaltz@firstam.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: Digester Newbie Question
>
> Digester 1.4 was released this week.  You might give it a try.  I don't see
> anything immediately wrong with your example, but I'm not familiar with
> using a validating parser or namespaces.

I just added a test case in the current Digester code that shows your
approach working for me with the current code (i.e. what's in the Digester
1.4 recently released) -- but without validation or schema available.
You don't say what parser you're using (I use the Xerces version that came
with Ant 1.5.1), so that would be one area to investigate.

It would also be worth trying this with validation turned off, and
stripping out the <DOCTYPE>, namespace, and schema things.  If that works,
it will help narrow down where your problem might actually be.

> K.C.

Craig