commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] Commons against Lumberjack...
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 04:18:05 GMT
On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, David Orriss Jr wrote:

> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:28:55 -0800
> From: David Orriss Jr <dave@davenet.net>
> To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: [Logging] Commons against Lumberjack...
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a weird problem with a Struts 1.1 based application being developed
> at my company.  Before I get too far into any details surrounding it, I have one
> simple question:
>
> Has anyone in the commons logging dev group tested the Lumberjack JSR 47
> implementation against the Logging api and verified that the two work together
> in JDK 1.3?

There was a problem with the way that commons-logging was identifying
whether this was a JDK 1.4 system or not, which would cause a problem on a
JDK 1.3 system with an alternate JSR 47 implementation installed.  This
has been corrected in nightly build 20030201 of commons-logging.  Could
you please try again with this build and report the results?

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-logging/

> --
> David Orriss Jr.

Craig McClanahan