commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Betwixt]How to do not printout the element with empty attribute or child element
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:39:36 GMT
On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 09:12 AM, Martin van den Bemt wrote:

> Desmond,
>
> It does write empty elements under certain conditions.Since that looks
> very sloppy, I was planning on elemenating all empty elements, since
> they don't have any use.
> Do you have any specific reasons why you want to be able to print empty
> elements ?

one example i can think of is a <load-on-startup/> element of a war
deployment descriptor.

i was thinking about adding a property to BeanWriter which would allow
empty element writing to be turned off. maybe this property should default
to not writing since that seems likely to be the most common setting.

maybe later, we could add more finely grained control by add attribute
which would override this setting to the .betwixt file.

comments?

- robert