commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jelly] Eval complex xml pipline?
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:10:55 GMT
From: "Sean Brandt" <sean@fuzzymagic.com>
> On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 03:20 AM, Wannheden, Knut wrote:
>
> > Sean,
> >
> > This will currently not work as Jelly does not evaluate what's in the
> > XMLOutput.  But it would be possible to write a tag (e.g. <j:eval/>)
> > which
> > could do something like this.  As a workaround you could save the
> > XMLOutput
> > as a temporary Jelly script and then run that using <j:import/>.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > --
> > knut
> >
> >> [snip]
>
> I see, well that definately will slow things down if I have to go to a
> file. I'll have a look at j:eval, though from the looks of it, it might
> be faster for me to use digester to do what I need.

There's already a SAX Parser for Jelly scripts. So if you need to parse any
SAX stream and turn it into a Jelly script this is already done for you.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/apidocs/org/apache/commons/jelly/par
ser/XMLParser.html

Wrapping up the use of this parser inside a Jelly Tag would be pretty trival
(either outputting the Script as a variable or just evaluating the Script
after its been parsed).

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/