commons-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Ross" <Kevin.R...@iVerticalLeap.com>
Subject RE: [Digester] The purpose of digester
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:59:08 GMT
Take a look at commons-betwixt for Bean serialization to xml (uses the
Digester).

-Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Price [mailto:eprice@ptc.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 10:57 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: [Digester] The purpose of digester

Does Digester have a dedicated "purpose", or is it intended to be a
flexible high-level API for accessing XML data (for any purpose)?

I'm developing an app that will need to store certain information.  I'm
considering using XML just to learn more about some of the issues
involved in using XML for this purpose.  Digester is an attractive means

of parsing those files.

Also, is there a compelling reason to use XML instead of Property files?

Just curious!

Thanks,

Erik