commons-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Ross" <Kevin.R...@iVerticalLeap.com>
Subject RE: Digester + Logging + Ant NullPointerException
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 20:48:06 GMT
I'm now using the latest cvs code for logging, which seems to get me
past the earlier problem, but nonetheless, the problem is now in the
digester:

     [java] [13:47:27.779-main][Digester][ERROR] - End event threw
exception
     [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.digester.SetNextRule.end(SetNextRule.java:248)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:773)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.endElement(SAXParser.java:1403)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndElement(XMLValid
ator.java:1480)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumentSc
anner.java:1809)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatc
h(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1182)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScan
ner.java:381)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1081)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1222)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.digester.xmlrules.FromXmlRuleSet.addRuleInstances(Fro
mXmlRuleSet.java:140)
     [java]     at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.addRuleSet(Digester.java:1311)

It is now clear that there are classloading issues (after inspecting
digester code).  I switched in a couple of places the use of the
Digester.getClassloader().loadClass() for Class.forName() and everything
works.  Is this a bug?  Is there an incompatibility with ANT?  Problem
with 1.4.1?

Kevin Ross