commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Messenger] Persistence?
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:13:03 GMT
From: "Madere, Colin" <colin.madere@ieminc.com>
> Ack, looks like I'm getting my technology investigations mixed up again.
> thought Messenger _was_ a JMS provider.

:-)

> It's just added API for JMS?
> Classes to make it easier to do specific things with JMS?

Yep - its the JMS equivalent of a JDBC pool, along with a simpler & easier
to use Facade API and an XML deployment descriptor to seperate out the
quality of service & configuration details of your JMS provider from your
application code.

The web page has a more detailed description

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/messenger/

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/